Saturday, November 22, 2008

Things That Make Me Happy, Part 1


Every year, around the middle of November, a sense of anticipation fills the air. Not for Thanksgiving, not for Christmas, not for Christmas break. For a few of us, (and maybe you are one), we begin to anticipate the sweet joy that is Peppermint Mocha Coffeemate. It begins to appear in stores just as the holiday season approaches only to disappear in early January, leaving us bereft of its perfect blend of creamy chocolate and cool mint for another 10 1/2 months. But for that brief period during which it becomes part of our daily lives, every sip is bliss. Last year, our local Safeway hid the seasonal Coffemates in the holiday dairy section (which I did not know existed) near the various egg nogs. Because of their trickery, I could not find my Peppermint Mocha Coffeemate until the 2nd week of December. This year, however, being aware of the previous year's ruse, I was able to find what I wanted as soon as it appeared on shelves. So, I will continue to have perfect cups of coffee through the holidays and I will make sure to buy the biggest bottle of my Coffeemate right before they go away again. Then perhaps I can prolong the joy until the end of January. I highly recommend that you do the same. Just stay away from MY Safeway. The Caramel Apple Coffeemate isn't bad either.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I too sigh with happiness when I see the beautiful bottle of Peppermint Mocha creamer appear on the shelves. Peppermint mocha creamer, oh how I love thee...

Annie said...

I LOVE FLAVORED CREAMER!!!!!!!!! I used to pretend that I liked coffee with just a little milk and nothing else but I am now out of the coffee closet.

Hello my name is Annie and I am a flavored creamer lover.....I will have to try your peppermint mocha creamer this year.

JeffnDanes said...

I absolutely love that peppermint creamer! Must run in the family. How are you?