Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm in withdrawal

Last Saturday, for the first time in a long time, we had some free time in the middle of the day with no plans. Anna was working out, the kids were napping/playing, and I was sitting on the couch reading a book. All of a sudden, I got a major craving. Not for food. Not for a beverage. For Baseball. I realized that what I wanted most, right then, was to have the Giants game on while I read. I didn't even need to watch the game. I just wanted the dulcet tones of Messrs. Miller, Krukow, and Kuiper in the background as I read. But I couldn't, 'cause baseball (as always) has cruelly disappeared until mid-February. I miss baseball. Sigh.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I miss baseball too, all that's on is stupid football. :(

Emily said...

Yeah. Stupid football.