Thursday, April 9, 2009

Where did he think he was going?

So I'm home with Bella today, recovering from The Plague, just minding my own business when I hear a THUD. I realize that it was the sound of something hitting a plate glass window, of which there are many in our new home. I go out to the living room, expecting to see Cleo jumping at the sliding glass door, wanting to go out to pee. Instead, I see Cleo looking quizzically outside at a very dazed looking bird, stumbling around on the patio. The funny part is that the windows were not clear at all. They were all steamed up from our dryer (inside the house and not vented outside like it should be...story for another time). So my question is: Where did the bird think he was going? Into a weird cloud? Into the future? Where no bird has gone before? The world may never know...maybe I should ask Mr. Owl...

2 comments:

Marty said...

Ask Bella! As I recall she ran into the same window on Sunday.

Mary said...

I don't know what it was thinking, but I believe it takes 3 licks to get to the chocolaty center of a tootsie pop.