Saturday, December 6, 2008

Being a teacher means having no shame...

November 26, 2008 shall henceforth be known as "Scottish Teaching Day." Our school is divided into "continents," with each continent consisting of 7 or 8 homerooms. My homeroom is part of Africa. For this year's canned food drive, rather than being a competition between homerooms, it was turned into a competition between continents. I told my homeroom that if Africa won, I would teach them wearing a skirt. Africa had not won any of the various competitions throughout the year so far, so I felt that I was safe. Well, one of the OTHER homerooms in Africa ended up with 800 cans of food for the week, trouncing every other class. Therefore, Africa won the whole darn thing. Meaning I had to teach in a skirt. Luckily (this was also the reason I said I would teach in a skirt in the first place), I own a kilt. So Wednesday, November 26th became "Scottish Teaching Day." I either raised or lowered my cool factor on that day. I think...both.

1 comment:

Marty said...

I don't know which way your "cool" factor went, but I imagine your "cooling" factor went up while the kilt was on.
--mommy